Prior to our successful (and very exciting) print the other night, we ran into a curious problem during print attempts. Namely, during the actual printing all the stages would suddenly stop but the Plastruder would continue emitting plastic. Here is an example of a failed attempt:
We even tried loading the model onto an SD card and building from the card. The same problem occurred. The interesting thing about this is that the print would stop in a random location each time. Finally, after digging around some forums for awhile, I found a post by someone suggesting a specific combination of versions for the software and firmware to use. With a lack of anything else to try, we decided to give it a shot. This involved downgrading the current versions of the software and firmware we were using. We then, with anticipation, attempted another print and, seemingly like magic, it worked!
Here is the list of software/firmware versions that we were using when our print was successful:
Motherboard firmware 1.4
Extruder firmware 1.6